Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Forgive me, my brain is melting

Two weeks later (albeit I had a week of Folklorama dancing in the middle), and I'm still slogging my way through Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz.  It has never taken me this long to read a book I was even vaguely  interested in.  Normally if I'm not right into it by the halfway point, I just move on.  I've tried, too. I'm reading three books, but I can't get into any of them until I find out what happens to Odd, the protagonist.  The story isn't following what I would normally call a logical thought process, even for a novel about a man who sees ghosts.  

In the meantime, I have also started reading Bonk by Mary Roach, a humourous view of the study of sex and sexuality.  I'm only in the first chapter, but I'm already hooked as she tells tales of the first sex researchers and the personal experiments they had to do in order to start studying sex realistically.

I'm going to see which of these novels I'm able to finish, and with luck I might actually be able to have a review.  Or I'll get fed up and read the latest Charlaine Harris Southern Vampire novel.  Either way it is a win-win for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment